Credible Scientist – G8 Science U1 Reflection

What makes a credible scientist?

Based on this unit, using the data you actually collected and interpreting and reflecting on that makes you a credible scientists. Reflecting on what we collected from our experiments can let us be a credible scientist because all of our data are collected from a real experiment. Us using real data makes us a very credible science because every part of our report is true.

Why is the scientific ‘way of knowing’ used in medicine compared to other ways of knowing?

Being credible is important and used in medicine because if you work in medicine, it’s a subject that affects how people will react to the medicine. If you do not react correctly to the data you collected, it might make people sicker or even worse, pass away because they’ve been using the wrong kind of medicine the whole time. On the contrary, if you reflect on true data, it will make the local community better and make people feel better.

How would you improve your seed dispersal investigation if you were to repeat it?

If I were to repeat it, I would change the range of the independent variable because we can’t tell the difference of the shapes while doing the experiment. I would change the range by making the range wider such as starting with 100 degrees, then 110, 120, 130, and so on. I would also change the way I communicate the method because some parts of the method isn’t that clear, it will make people that didn’t know about this experiment at all confused.