Grade 7 Service As Action

During grade 7, I participated in different activities identified as service as action. Some of the events are volunteered, and some are school designed. Some of these events are not what I want to do but I tried my best, and others are quite interesting because I want to participate in them. Here are some events I participated this year:

• Sabah CAS Week Trip

In our Sabah CAS Week Trip, our team built stairs for the local community over there. The stairs are pretty tough to deal with to be honest, but I tired my best to contribute to our team and the local community. The hard part of this project is that we need to work in a hot weather, and the tasks we need to complete is not easy. So, our group worked really hard everyday and in the end, we finished building our steps and we’re happy for what we did.

• Mapping – Service Day

For our Grade 7 service day, I choosed mapping for the Stanley district as my service project. On that day, our group went to Stanley and jot down the locations we think it’s important for target readers such as families, tourists, etc. After we gathered¬†information about these sites and make a note of it. After we arrived back to school, we begin to put down the information we researched on an online mapped and produced an online map giving out information about Stanley.

• Terry Fox Run

I participated in the Terry Fox Run because I’m a member of the cross country team and this is one of the running events. I ran 5km in the terry fox run and had lots of fun in it!

• Media Team

I contributed to the media team and school events of using photography, my long time interest. I used my photography interest and took photos for the lower school production. It’s a school event that I’m interested in participating and I believe I have the knowledge to do so. I also contributed in other school events using photography such as USSC Tug of War, USSC Dance Night, Staff vs. Student Volleyball, Staff vs Student Basketball etc.