Humanities Unit 5 Reflection

All the ATL Skills:

• Communication Skills
  • Collaboration Skills
  • Self Management
  • Research
  • Thinking

What ATL Skills did you present in this unit?

In this unit, we basically did a documentary on a site located in Hong Kong and talking about how these sites are significant to Hong Kong’s culture. In this summative, I think i displayed all the ATL skills. For communication skills, I need to communicate with my group about what we are doing for the video, how are we going to film our documentary, what time are we going to our sites, etc. I presented communication skills by talking to my group mates about our progress, or just talking how are we going to complete this project in general. On the other hand, during our visit to the sites, we need our communication skills while trying to interview someone because all of us are shy in front of strangers so we have a big struggle for interacting with people. I also presented my collaboration skills by putting our group together and going to the sites together. All three of us have pretty busy schedules so it’s not easy for us to put a time together and visit the sites. It needs all of us to co-operate well in order to go together on our trip. I also presented my self management skills by managing my time for all the tasks. This is a quite big project and it requires you to set time limits for when do you finish a certain type of task. I kind of planned out my due dates for each tasks even though I don’t have a action plan so I can finish all the tasks in time. I presented my research skills by searching up the sites and history of Hong Kong before gathering up information for putting up the documentary. I tried my best to find reliable websites because it’s unlikely to find information about recent places in Encyclopedia Brittanica so I have to find sources myself. I did it well because some websites are official websites I found and it’s not easy to find because Wikipedia always pops up first. I also presented my thinking skills by thinking about how am I going to include all the information I wrote in my research organizer in my documentary. It feels hard to turn everything I wrote into a video because you need to make sure the visuals match what you wrote. Overall, I think I did well in this summative and the displaying my ATL skills.

Here’s a screenshot of our documentary: