Service as Action

1. How did you become more aware of your own strengths and areas for growth?

Through getting feed backs from my classmates, teachers, and parents. I am able to see a pattern about the areas that I perform well in, and the areas that I don’t. For example, during my write up of my personal project, my teacher gave me comments on what was good already, and what part I needed to change or add to it.

2. How did you undertake challenges that developed new skills?

I identified the reasons that stopped me from being successful, and I find the cause of it. Then come up with a solution that can resolve the issue. Through repeating this process I am able to improve on my ability to handle pressure and challenges at the same time.

3. How did you discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities?

Each person will have their own specific role within the group. We all have different tasks and responsibilities, and that is made student-initiated activities successful.

4. How did you persevere in action?

After being out there, seeing what people need, and how some people are even suffering, it triggers my empathy towards giving back to the community. Every time I wanted to give up, thinking back about the kids we helped before, and how many of them I can help in the future just makes me put more effort in making the world a better place.

5. How did you work collaboratively with others?

As mentioned above, in a group we each have our own duties and responsibilities. Separating the tasks we have, and make the team work.

6. How did you develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism and intercultural understanding?

Through my Personal Project report, I was able to develop international-mindedness through intercultural understanding and multilingualism where my project was to combine Chinese food with western health diet to create a Chinese style healthy food.

7. How did you consider the ethical implications of your actions?

The ethical about my services is that they are not done just to make me feel better as a person, and get away comforting myself for some other guilt. The services are about the people we help, it is about how we can make their life better.
ReplyReply to allForward