CAS 2017

I went to Hainan,Sanya this year.I had never done surfing before this trip.One of the instructors noticed my nervousness and immediately comforted me.After a few sessions, I was extremely comfortable and had a blast.I became extremely comfortable with water sports and socialising with people from around the world.This trip was definitely out of my comfort zone.The group leaders from Insight Adventures were so much fun.They were also serious when it was needed.My group leader, Lucas, was one of the most funniest person.He was also extremely smart and challenged us to test our limits.Everything was organised extremely  well organised. I learnt a lot and had a awesome time.

Design Unit Two


At the start of this unit I thought” This movie is going to be so much easier than creating an advertisement”.But boy was I wrong.This task was so much fun and hard at the same time.I had a wonderful production team.I laughed my way through this unit and both Karma and Conrad did too. We worked extremely well together and our time management was spectacular. We demonstrated our skills in our own ways.Although we did not agree on everything, we met halfway and compromised. As a team we tried our best to listen and incorporate each other’s ideas. We did a lot of research and made sure we knew what we were talking about.I went through several set backs but let them bounce right off of me . I asked of help when I needed.Mr Larson and Ms.Holm were extremely helpful and informative.I had so much fun doing this task and it will be one of my favourites. I think our movie met the specifications extremely well.We described the design-humanities specifications in  an informative and engaging way.We could have definitely improved the audio and visuals of the movie.For example, we could have filmed horizontally. This would have given us more film space. Also, while editing, I could have done the subtitles in shorter chunks.This would have made the movie more neat and easy to read.At the start I was bored and did not want to do this task. But towards the end, something clicked and I started having so much fun while making this movie.


The second Design Day

This design day was extremely different than the last one.We learnt about the different aspects of making a movie.We learnt how to avoid making a bad movie.The main thing about this design day was teamwork.I worked with two of my classmates.I have worked with them before and find them extremely contributive.I definitely look forward to work with them in the future

Here is the link to our Vimeo video on the values of CDNIS-

Service Day

During service day, I learnt about my surroundings and became much more aware about Hongkong as a citizen.I worked with a team I had never worked with before which was a little challenging but at the same time it was also extremely fun.My planning and noticing details skills became much more sharp and advanced.I went to places which were incredibly messy and unsafe, brainstormed how to make that place better and then presented my teams idea to an authorised adult who could actually make these changes.I grew as a citizen,student and a person on service day.

Design Day

Design day was on the 18 of October. We learnt what design is and many different features of design. We were asked to create out own emoji using Adobe Illustrator which represents us in a way.My emoji represents me because it is fun and always happy,  just like me!     emoji