Coding ( Scratch )

Coding ( Scratch )

For the past 2 Tuesdays we Ms. Fung came in our classroom and taught us about how to do coding using a program called Scratch. Scratch is a program that you can use for coding or other things. We created our own Tessellation using controls and commands on Scratch. There is a icon which is a cat and when you create a tessellation and press a green flag that makes the cat icon move the cat moves and it makes the tessellation that you created using the controls.

Ms. Fung posted 2 videos about how to create a tessellation. One of them was a square tessellation and the other one was a triangle tessellation. We get to choose what types of shapes and sizes we want for the tessellation. In order to make a tessellation you have to create and decide what the angle would be and also how many steps the cat icon will take and lastly how big or small the size would be.
I could create a tessellation 2 times and both of them turned out the way I wanted. Scratch drew both the tessellation perfectly. The most challenging part of this challenge was coding and creating the whole thing because we had to think a lot. I have learned how to code now.

I think coding is really fun and I am excited to do it again.