Goals until the December Break

Today, I set up 3 goals that I set up until the December break with a lot of learning strategies that I could use when learning at school and at home.

The first goal is to learn more and use advanced and interesting vocabs to make my essays and stories more interesting for readers to read them. Ways to achieve this goal is by finding words that I don’t understand the meaning of. Then I could search up the word on a dictionary or online on websites and I could then record the word on a piece of paper and the meaning near the word. I could use the paper to read and review the word(s) every day to remember it. I will be able to find the words on a book or on an article. I could write the meaning of it in a booklet which is named “Personal Glossary”. I can review it after or before I go to school. I will know that I have achieved this goal when I remember several words every month.

The second goal is the be more reflective by reviewing goals and work that I have done before because I usually don’t review my old work. A way to do this is by looking at notebooks and works that we have done. Next, I can look at the mistakes that I have made and review them. Then I can remember the mistake and make sure not to make the mistake again. I could look at math, Language and process books for reviewing. I could then find a person to help me check my work and then look at the mistakes to review them. I could review the work that I have done every 2 to 3 weeks so I could remember it.

The third goal is to be more creative by doing and writing work using more creative works. This is because I tend to be really simple and not put any creativity into the work. I could do this by first finding any kind of work that I have to do at school or at home. I will then try to figure out a way to do it more creatively. Next, I will hand the work to a teacher, parent or a friend, so I could get feedback comparing from the work that I have done before. I could find the work that I could do at home or at school. I could find a time where I could put a lot more effort into work. Then I can hear the feedback, and try to improve.

I wish these goals will have an impact on me when doing work at home or at school, and that I could be able to reflect, write and understand challenging words, and also be more creative when doing work.