FIRST WEEK OF G6

I have completed the first week of GRADE 6!

It is so amazing to see new faces from all parts of the world, especially from Hong Kong. I am in a great class with Mr Brodie with our teacher. I and my classmates had a good time this week planning the classroom design and the class. I am with a group of people who are trying to figure out a way to get to know each other’s names and ages in a fun and unique way, so our group made a bingo sheet where we could know some facts about each student in the class. One big thing that is very different to games like this is that it is very fun to play for everyone, and no one will be left out. People will all be engaged and students who are shy will really good at speaking to others too.

We did activities with Ms Annie, which we wrote down personal favourite things to ready our brains to Chinese because we haven’t done any Chinese work in the summer.

For physical education (PE), in the unit, we are going to focus on badminton. We are learning to put up and down the net and understand how to play badminton and all the rules.

For performing arts (PA), we are going to be doing something a little bit different from last year, and we are going to mainly focus on pieces of music. Our dances will be moved to PE. I am very sad the PE classes may be change to dance classes, though I am very excited about learning how to play the ukulele.