16 Bar Melody Criterion C&D

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 10.39.08 am Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 10.39.45 am

One of the main things I tried keeping consistent in my melody is the structure. We can see that in the piano section, for three bars, I have a half note and then a short melody. The same melody is repeated for the next two bars except the melody is one note higher. Then for bar four I have a melody consisting of only quarter notes. This is repeated up to bar twelve. I decided to have my piano section this way because it gives the audience a sense of repetition which makes them feel more comfortable with my melody. Then, for the bass part of the piano section, I have half notes chords all the way. The chords are the same all the way through the song until the last bar. Again, this is to make the audience more comfortable with my music. In my flute section I decided to repeat my first four bars in bar nine to twelve. I decided to do this because it sort of creates a chorus. It is one of the most memorable parts of my music so the audience can easily remember part of the chorus. In some parts of my melody I put a F or a mF in my flute or piano section and put a P or a mP in the other section. I did this because in some parts I feel like my music would sound better if they focus on one part of the music at a time. Next, every four bars (bar #: four, eight, not sixteen) I have a staccato on my quarter notes. I decided to do this because it effectively indicates that a new section of the music is starting. In my bass part of the piano, the first chords of every section starts with a slur. This again helps the audience infer that a new section of the song is starting. It also makes the music flow well. My use of  crescendo and decrescendo also help the music sound nicer. Most of the time, the crescendos and decrescendos lead to a F, mF, P, mP. it is either to make the audience feel whats coming or something unexpected to make my music sound more interesting. The last thing I will be talking about is fermatas. I decided to end my music with a fermata because it really marks the end of my music effectively.

I think that something that worked really well in my music was the last two bars. My last two bars really flow well and sound really nice to indicate an ending. I believe that this is due to the use of accents and the slur in my chords. A that I think would probably be one my weaknesses would be the third section of my piano melody. I thought it went to fast and it was to rough. I overcame this by adding slurs which made it sound smoother and nicer. To create this piece of music, I went through many steps. The very first thing I did was thinking of a melody the would sound nice. Once I sort of knew where I was headed, I added chords to my bass piano section. Then I thought of short melodies that would fit well in my overall melody. These melodies were divided by phrases one two three and four. Then I found the right notes for my overall melody. After listening to my music a couple of times. I noted down some places that sounded rough or that didn’t flow well with the music. I used accents, dynamics, slurs and crescendos and decrescendos. Once that was done, I listened to my music a couple more times to fix any thing I did not like.  I had my brothers and parents listen to it as well so I could see what my music sounded like in other peoples ears. After receiving feedback, I made final changes to finalize my music. This was how my music was made.

 

Design Day Post

Today, we had to try and package a fruit. This was good because soon we are going to have to package something more complex. I found it quite hard to package a simple apple so I think it’s going to be very difficult to package something complex. At firs I thought that we would just have to figure our way through but then I realised there was much planning behind a simple package. I realised that it was very hard to create a package using only materials that could be recycled. Here is a picture of my apple packaging.

786bf72a-80c2-4720-bc7a-3fb682ff3618