Feedbacks for iBook

Dear Grade 5 and 6 students,

We are working on a design project which we have to create an iBook about Parkinson’s disease. I would appreciate if you could read the iBook and gives us some feedbacks:
1. Which widget do you find it informative? Did it help a better understanding of the topic? A. review quiz B. Gallery C. Interactive image
2. Which widget do you find it least informative? How can we improve it? A. review quiz B. Gallery C. Interactive image
3. If you were to change one thing in the book, what would it be?

Link to the iBook: https://drive.google.com/a/cdnis.edu.hk/folderview?id=0B71BA5gKhzdRR3U0dmQzdy1VQjQ&usp=sharing

7 thoughts on “Feedbacks for iBook

1. 1. Which widget do you find it informative? Did it help a better understanding of the topic? A. review quiz B. Gallery C. Interactive image
    I found the interactive image the most informative. It showed me how the disease affected the person and where.

The review quiz was the least informative. I felt like when I was looking at the quiz it didn’t say much or clearly about the answer.

I would have less words and more visuals. Also I would probably use simpler words.

2. 1. Which widget do you find it informative? Did it help a better understanding of the topic? A. review quiz B. Gallery C. Interactive image
    I find that all the widgets were informative, but I liked the gallery the most, because it enhanced the text and made it more fun to read for me and I understood the context more when looking at the images.

I found that the quiz was quite easy to answer, I didn’t really need to go over the text to answer the questions and it didn’t really help me learn anything but I think that it would be different for a grade 5 & 6 student as they don’t know as much scientific knowledge as a grade 8 student.

The interactive image was kind of confusing, so maybe you could change that?

3. 1. Which widget do you find it informative? Did it help a better understanding of the topic? A. review quiz B. Gallery C. Interactive image

(a)

(c)

there were a few grammatical errors

4. 1. Which widget do you find it informative? Did it help a better understanding of the topic?
    I liked your interactive image because it helped me understand what was affected. I just want to shoutout your amazing review quiz too, it was incredibly done and I think t
    2. Which widget do you find it least informative? How can we improve it?
    I wish that your gallery images were less blurry, and you could’ve cropped them better so I could understand better.
    I would’ve put the information for each question on separate pages, otherwise it seems like very small writing and squished.

5. well well, it was fairly well. It was a bit boring to be honest. The interactive image was messed up. I think the gallery was the best, it had a lot of pictures and enough information. I thought that the quiz was the least informative, the quiz only had 3 answers to choose form and your context never mentioned that the other choices were wrong. I would add more things, the book seems kind of blank.

6. Hi Natasha,

1) I really like the review quiz at the end because first of all, you have many questions and they are all a different style, some have photos, which helps to interacts with the reader. These all help the reader understand more about the topic
    2) I think that all the widgets you had were very interactive, but one suggestion would maybe be, in your gallery you could make the title of the images more descriptive
    3) If I were to change one thing in your ibook I would maybe make the cover page more attractive and pleasing the the eye, this can be done with a photo, just the catch the readers eye, as this is the first thing they will look at

7. 1) I found each widget quite informative, but I thought interactive image labelling the symptoms the best. It was most informative because it labelled and explained most of the symptoms. I think there might be a small problem with it because some of the tabs won’t open up.

2) I found the gallery of the cellular level section least informative, because you didn’t explain what the audience is looking at and why it is important to know about. You could add a short explanation inside the gallery next time.

3) I think you should use a bigger variety of widgets. The gallery was overused and it usually only contained 2 pictures. I also suggest you should use more pictures in areas that are just plain text, such as the treatment section.