My Book Cover Mock ups

by 130188 on November 11, 2013

I have made two book jackets for my design cycle in Criterion B. Please comment using the format, I like, I wish, what if. Also it would really help to number which cover your commenting on. I hope you comment on both.IMG_20131110_0002_NEW

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Ms. Nielsen November 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

The drawing is too confusing and too busy. The title is hard to see. You should simplify it a little and have less white in the drawing. Make larger swaths of color to make it easier to see.

063715 November 13, 2013 at 9:03 am

I like your first book jacket better, because it is much less hectic and easier to make out what was going on. I wish your second book cover was less complicated and easier to read, because I couldn’t really understand it. What if you used some images from the internet as well, I think that would help with understanding the jacket better.

074153 November 13, 2013 at 8:35 am

I like the #1st one better. I wish you didn’t make it so hectic and clumped. What if you only provided a few images?

074060 November 12, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Mock Up 1:
I like how you made the title in a cool font. I wish that you put the title closer together. What if you made it a little less busy.

Mock Up 2:
I like how you made the background one colour. I wish you made the authors name blend in less. What if you underlined the title because I don’t really know which words are part of the title.

Overall, I like your first mock up better.

110249 November 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I like the colour you use because it makes us attractive
I wish if you stand out the title more then we will know what kind of story it is.
What if you make the circle more smaller? Will it attract more?

130266 November 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm

#1
I like the colours you used. They contrast with each other.
I wish there was less white showing.
What if you used less abstract shapes.

053503 November 11, 2013 at 10:11 am

I strongly agree with 142689, because your second book jacket was a bit confusing due to lack of contrast.

Sara T. (100027) November 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

Hi Arthur,
For your first book jacket, I think coloring the knife red is a good idea, because in the story there is a lot of blood. I really like the silhouettes, which show our three main characters, running, which is also a big part of the story. I don’t get the circles though, they don’t make much sense. The title is clear, although I don’t understand why ‘of’, ‘never’ and ‘go’ are colored orange, while the rest of the title isn’t.

For the second one, I like how you put noise on the back, although the back page is kind of copying the school cover. I think they are both good over all, but make sure to leave space for a blurb!

130005 November 11, 2013 at 9:56 am

I like that, it is less complicated than the other one, and I can see more of the drawings and understand the cover a bit more, and I can see the knife in the middle which stands out to me, and the word knife is also in the title, so I have an idea, that the knife is quite important.

I wish you could use computer graphics instead, so that it is more simple,and the reader can grasp the main point of the story more easily.

What if you made the cover more simple, because I am very confused looking at it

043106 November 11, 2013 at 9:56 am

I like the symbols of the two people and one animal, it represents the book and gives a really good opinion (#1)

I wish you would use a different background colour for the book jacket, it doesn’t emphasise the title and it makes the front cover very confusing.

What if you would use another background colour that would allow people to see the title clearly.

042689 November 11, 2013 at 9:55 am

I like your first book jacket, because it’s less complicated and it’s easier to see and understand the storyboard. I wish your book jackets weren’t so messy and you used CONTRAST. What if you made the cover neater and not so messy?