March 24, 2017 - 110248

Stella Solo Final

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 1.40.52 PMScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 1.41.00 PMScreen Shot 2017-03-24 at 1.41.10 PM

Above are the recording and my composition of my Jazz Solo final.

After getting feedback from friends and Mr. O’toole, I have made some several changes. Such as finish labeling my chords. This task to create a jazz composition was harder compared to the task we had previously. This was because the music had to sound “jazzy” and I was not familiar with jazz music. However, I have managed to go past this roadblock by getting inspiration from famous jazz music compositions to help. After showing my Jazz Solo final to my peers, I have gotten some positive feedback. Such as, the rhythm is good, the melody is good, good job labeling chords, etc. However, I have also gotten some feedback on how I can improve my composition.

Uncategorized

Comments

• Profile photo of liamotoole liamotoole says:

Overall this solo is ok Robert but it would be immediately more cohesive if you had followed the 7-3 resolutions that were mandatory. Some good bits were mixed in here but a few too many bars of strange note choices.

• Profile photo of Charmaine Ko Charmaine Ko says:

Hi Robert,
    I think you should have followed the blue notes when your melody is transitioning from one bar to another. However, I do like the melody of bars 5-8.

• Profile photo of 084373 084373 says:

You have a variety of conjunct and disjunct motion and you have labelled your chords, perhaps you could have added some dynamics to your solo?

• Profile photo of 110098 110098 says:

Very melodic, but you need to follow the rules.
    Good use of dynamic

• Profile photo of Maris Maris says:

I like the repetition of your piece of music, it engages the audience and kept the audience in interest throughout your piece of music. Even though, your rhythm is good, I think you need to follow the blue notes more.

• Profile photo of 130189 130189 says:

Maybe next time you could have followed the blue notes in the guideline. Next time you could also put in some articulation.

• Profile photo of 053556 053556 says:

I like what you did with the melody and have labelled the chords, though you did not use the blue notes and you have no articulation or dynamics.

• Profile photo of Yubin Yubin says:

You have labelled the chords. You didn’t use blue notes for the majority of your composition. However, in bar 11, the rhythms are not connected with the bars around. There are some rhythms that are similar. Maybe add more dynamics

• Profile photo of 100045 100045 says:

I love the name, I think that some parts of the melody don’t sound correct but Good chord labelling, Needs more dynamics.

• Profile photo of 130083 130083 says:

You have a variety of notes and rhythms. I like your use of rests throughout your melody. You have used the chords provided and the notes you have chosen match the chords. You chord labels are slightly hard to read and you could add some more dynamics to your solo.