Reflection of dance unit

The dance unit in performing arts was about dancing by using different parts of your body in different ways. The purpose was for us to learn about how we can move our body in order to dance. In this unit, we were supposed to create a light painting in a group. A light painting is a picture that captures the movement of light. My group didn’t really get along that well because some of us were disagreeing with each other a lot. Also one of us just wasn’t cooperating that well and kept complaining, and another one of us lost the storyboard twice and it had all our moves for the light painting. I found the process kind of hard because of that. I hope my group does well on the light painting though!

reflections for the week and goal setting

This week, I am grateful that I have friends that I can play with. I enjoyed having the extra day of holiday because I had a playdate with 3 of my old friends called Felix, Brendan and Aaron. We played tennis, badminton and bowling. It was really fun! The challenge that I faced this week was trying not to  make my dad get mad at me because it happens everyday. My personal goal is time management, the learning goal is practicing math and my relationship goal is to have a playdate with some of my friends.

My Grade 4 camp!

  I went to the grade 4 camp last Wednesday on March 29 to March 31! My tent mate was Ishaan.  Another one of my friends whose name is Hayden was supposed to be with me in the tent, but he broke his leg so he couldn’t go.  My camp group was group 2, and my 2 group leaders at camp were Mr Brown from CDNIS and Melissa from Treasure Island. Camp was really fun!Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.17.28 AM

  On the first day, everyone was really excited because we were doing fun activities, finding out who is in our camp group and building our tents. We had beach activities, saw wild buffaloes, met Billy the cow, had the best spaghetti bolognese dinner of my life, organised our tents and we also did twilight activities and scavenger hunts. Unfortunately Joe threw up after eating too much dinner and Ishaan lost his water boScreen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.14.06 AMttle. During the beginning of the night, he was sniffing really loudly because I think he was sad.  I couldn’t sleep that well because the people beside us were really noisy and a frog went inside someone else’s tent so the kids there were screaming.

  Day 2 was the best day ever. We had animal relay races, tons of beach and water activities, went surfing and we had barbecue and s’mores for dinner! We also had Tent city at camptwilight activities again but when I went back into the tent, there was sand and leaves all over my clothes and suitcase. There was also a fly in our tent twice but I’m not sure if it was me or Ishaan whom let it in. He was sniffing a lot again because he told me he was homesick. Eventually he stopped when I told him to because I wouldn’t be able to sleep if he kept sniffing for the whole night.

  On the last day of camp, we learned how to build a shelter. We tested it out when it rained and had lots of wind and built the base of a fire.  We had a lost and found table so he found 4 of his things there and he found his water bottle between the orange waterproof cover and the part of the tent that we slept in. We also took down our tents. When we left camp, It was raining heavily and we all got wet. A few other kids and I got carsick. Some of us were so dizzy that we fell asleep and didn’t wake up until Ms Brown woke them up. Finally, we arrived at school and had popcorn.

  At camp, I learned about wildlife and the problems we are facing like garbage getting eaten by cows like Billy and buffaloesScreen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.19.10 AM too. I learned about teamwork and cooperation and most importantly, how to be independent and responsible. Learning about those things were some of my goals, and I successfully completed most of them so that was really good. I am really thankful that I did not lose anything at the end of the trip. 

Plastic free seas workshop

Today we had the plastic free seas workshop in the upper school science lab, and it was really fun! We found out all about microbeads that were in different soaps, alcohol for cleaning hands and face washes. The microbeads are little bits of plastic that are in some products. We did an experiment on taking micro beads out of soap, hand alcohol and face washes and seeing which product had the biggest, most and smallest microbeads. My group (Me, Joshua, Patrick, Ishaan, Darren L and Calvin) had the product that had the most microbeads. Here’s how you do it:

1: squeeze the product into a piece of cloth(cotton bags are the best)                                                                                             2: rinse the cotton bag under a water tap and squeeze it to get the soap out so the microbeads will stay inside the bag and there won’t be anymore soap                                                                                                                                                             3: dry the bag with a hair dryer                                                                                                                                                               4: pour all the microbeads into a glass petri dish so you can see it(you can also use other things that can store microbeads)                                                                                                                                                                                               5: (optional) use a microscope to see the microbeads close up

  Now you are done!