I really enjoyed Chinese class this year. I feel like I learned a lot and improved more than the past years.
I feel more confident while finishing my tests because I put more time in studying and finish my work more easily. I also think my handwriting has become much neater because I write more in less time.This makes me practice writing quickly and neatly.
I found memorising the target phrases was very hard in the first few units of the year, but after that I got into a routine that worked and helped me memorise the phrases for tests quickly.
I think I have improved on my thinking skills because I feel like whenever I watch a movie, video, or presentation, I understand it more. This causes me to think about different endings, beginnings, impacts, and much more.
In the How We Express Ourselves unit I think I learned the difference between doing something bad, and doing something bad to help others. I also learned how to be a responsible student. In the Sharing The Planet unit I think I learned about different parts of communities. I learned the names of different things in a community, like a police station, a cinema, and much more. I also learned about how different people have different needs.I also learned about different scenarios which could happen inside a community. In th How We Organise Ourselves unit I learned about how to read a map. I learned about north, south, east, and west. In the unit Who We Are I learned about how to describe myself and others. I also learned how to describe peoples personality and apperance.
I think in learning a new language you have to be really open-minded, as well as work hard and practise. You also have to be confident.
Hi! Yesterday we watched a documentary called Screenagers. It is about the impact of screens on our brains. there were so many people there!
This documentary is about several different families and teenagers. They deal with different issues about limiting screen time, social media, and different problems. One family needs to get their teenager a phone. The parents want to get their daughter the same phone she had last time, but she wants to get a smartphone. They get one for her, but they can’t decide on a contract they need to keep so the screen time won’t get out of control.
Hello everyone, Today I’m going to talk about Yes Talent.
We have had some college students come over and share their knowledge with us. They have come from all over Hong Kong from different universities and have put together a team. They have taught how to do several designs, like flouncing, flowers, and other techniques. The have showed us what silhouettes are, and showed us how to make them. So far, it has been so much fun.
Basically, in Yes talent we have to make wearable art with a group, in 4 weeks and model it. The fashion piece has to relate to change, like how humans have evolved.In this project we have 4 weeks of 80 minute sessions to think of , plan, and create a dress.We have to make accessories to go with it, as well as doing hair and makeup looks.
In my group I have 4 friends, and we are making a dress. Our theme is going to be a cool old to new design, where we show how humans have developed through the years, We have started using technology, gadgets, and have just, changed. I have just finished my third week, and I’m excited for the catwalk!
In my group , we have had a few arguments, but all in all, I think we’re on track. We just decided our duties for the weekend, and I’m looking forward to a weekend full of making, creating, and sharing.Will update!
This is my Student Digital Literacy rubric. This will help me see what skills I can work on and what skills I have already improved on. This in the Link.
Hey everyone, This year I went to India, like I do every year. I went to India for 2 weeks and 2 days and stayed with my Dad’s parents for 7 days and my Mom’s parents for 7 days. It was a lot of fun. I saw so many of my amazing cousins and played until 1 am every night.
The plane ride and airport, one of the most boring, but at the same time one of the most intresting parts of a holiday. We left at about nine in the night to leave for the airportand got there at 10. Sadly we were really early, Our flight was at 12 am. Anyways, moving on. The flight was really long and cold.
Fast forwarding a little bit…ok ok a lot. Like 11 days. I am going to be talking about my Christmas! First of all, I got woken up at 8 am by my excited cousin. When we went outside it was very noisy because everyone was talking. Right when I reached outside, my Aunt handed me a bag which was stuffed with cool things. All of the items were so cool. We ate dinner at this awesome place. It was supposed to be a jail place, and it did look like one! There were jail cells everywhere and we ate our dinner in them. The wall was cold and made out of real stone like the floor… but the food was absouloutely amazing.
Last week we went to the Asbury Methodist Social Service for a field trip. We were in groups of five. We went to the center and they explained about the work they do and who they do it for.
1. What are the most important furniture items for you? (Name three items)
- Chair ( to be more comfortable when I sit down)
- Table ( It is unhygienic to eat where you walk)
- Mattress/ Bed ( To not have to sleep on the floor)
- 2. What are the most important electrical appliances for you? (Name
- Air Conditioning ( To keep cool)
- Light ( To be able to see in the night)
- Phone ( To communicate)
- 3. Is it available to place all the above items in a subdivided unit?
- Since Subdivided units are one apartment sectioned into many, I think that you would be able to place all the above items if you could give up something else. If you had a place for food and the necessities in the apartment. Then I think you would not be able to place all the above items in a subdivided unit.
- 4. Imagine that if you live in the subdivided unit, how to make use of the space to place those kinds of items? What is your tradeoff?I would probably take out my television and electronic devices. I would not have any devices except for a phone to contact people. I would take out any games or sources of entertainment. 5. What are the differences between your home and the subdivided units
- My home is much bigger and has more space. We have a lot of furniture and decorative items, as well as having extra space in which we can store unnecessary items. My home is cleaner and has a bigger kitchen and bathroom, and we also have four bedrooms which are all pretty big. We have an extremely big balcony in which we grow food and vegetables if we want more fresh foods. My home is very convenient and we have a lot of friends close by.
- 6. How do you feel about this visiting experience?
- I feel very empathetic because I think that these people who live in subdivided units have very little space to live in. They can’t move around as much as we can. After going on this field trip I figured out that the price they have to pay is not actually that cheap. Some smart people buy one apartment and arrange the walls so that the apartment is divided into a lot of rooms. The hallway turns into a place with a lot of doors leading to people’s homes, which are really just small rooms in a normal apartment.7. What would you do to serve our community to be a better place?
- I will donate to charities and I will also participate in the food drive. I will continue to give boxes of hope.
Today I am going to be doing a reflection on an art project I did in school.
We were researching on how artists express their feelings on war. This was actually related to our unit of inquiry, which was how we express ourselves. I used a lot of techniques some of them were stitching, tie-dyeing, sewing, fabric markers, fabric paint and using the glue gun. I also made a Pom-Pom.
The whole idea was to make peace flags. We each made one and we are going to string them in our hallway. We were supposed to use white pieces of fabric and decorate them with one word, I chose Friendship. Anyways, you will see a picture of my flag right now.