Hey everyone, This year I went to India, like I do every year. I went to India for 2 weeks and 2 days and stayed with my Dad’s parents for 7 days and my Mom’s parents for 7 days. It was a lot of fun. I saw so many of my amazing cousins and played until 1 am every night.
The plane ride and airport, one of the most boring, but at the same time one of the most intresting parts of a holiday. We left at about nine in the night to leave for the airportand got there at 10. Sadly we were really early, Our flight was at 12 am. Anyways, moving on. The flight was really long and cold.
Fast forwarding a little bit…ok ok a lot. Like 11 days. I am going to be talking about my Christmas! First of all, I got woken up at 8 am by my excited cousin. When we went outside it was very noisy because everyone was talking. Right when I reached outside, my Aunt handed me a bag which was stuffed with cool things. All of the items were so cool. We ate dinner at this awesome place. It was supposed to be a jail place, and it did look like one! There were jail cells everywhere and we ate our dinner in them. The wall was cold and made out of real stone like the floor… but the food was absouloutely amazing.
Last week we went to the Asbury Methodist Social Service for a field trip. We were in groups of five. We went to the center and they explained about the work they do and who they do it for.
1. What are the most important furniture items for you? (Name three items)
- Chair ( to be more comfortable when I sit down)
- Table ( It is unhygienic to eat where you walk)
- Mattress/ Bed ( To not have to sleep on the floor)
- 2. What are the most important electrical appliances for you? (Name
- Air Conditioning ( To keep cool)
- Light ( To be able to see in the night)
- Phone ( To communicate)
- 3. Is it available to place all the above items in a subdivided unit?
- Since Subdivided units are one apartment sectioned into many, I think that you would be able to place all the above items if you could give up something else. If you had a place for food and the necessities in the apartment. Then I think you would not be able to place all the above items in a subdivided unit.
- 4. Imagine that if you live in the subdivided unit, how to make use of the space to place those kinds of items? What is your tradeoff?I would probably take out my television and electronic devices. I would not have any devices except for a phone to contact people. I would take out any games or sources of entertainment. 5. What are the differences between your home and the subdivided units
- My home is much bigger and has more space. We have a lot of furniture and decorative items, as well as having extra space in which we can store unnecessary items. My home is cleaner and has a bigger kitchen and bathroom, and we also have four bedrooms which are all pretty big. We have an extremely big balcony in which we grow food and vegetables if we want more fresh foods. My home is very convenient and we have a lot of friends close by.
- 6. How do you feel about this visiting experience?
- I feel very empathetic because I think that these people who live in subdivided units have very little space to live in. They can’t move around as much as we can. After going on this field trip I figured out that the price they have to pay is not actually that cheap. Some smart people buy one apartment and arrange the walls so that the apartment is divided into a lot of rooms. The hallway turns into a place with a lot of doors leading to people’s homes, which are really just small rooms in a normal apartment.7. What would you do to serve our community to be a better place?
- I will donate to charities and I will also participate in the food drive. I will continue to give boxes of hope.
Today I am going to be doing a reflection on an art project I did in school.
We were researching on how artists express their feelings on war. This was actually related to our unit of inquiry, which was how we express ourselves. I used a lot of techniques some of them were stitching, tie-dyeing, sewing, fabric markers, fabric paint and using the glue gun. I also made a Pom-Pom.
The whole idea was to make peace flags. We each made one and we are going to string them in our hallway. We were supposed to use white pieces of fabric and decorate them with one word, I chose Friendship. Anyways, you will see a picture of my flag right now.
Hi everyone! Today I am going to explain my feelings towards a game we played in P.E. called the Game of Life. This game is related to our current central idea, which is: This game is more or less an unfair version of capture the flag.
Now I am going to explain the rules.
- There are 4 teams
- One team ( in this case green) can steal from anyone and no team can steal resources from it.
- Frizbeez are resources
- No team can tag anyone from the green team.
- The goal is to get the most frizbeez
So, as you can see, the green team had a lot of advantages, and won every round. I actually was on the green team.
Before I thought that it was awesome being on the green team. But now I realize that this game in the beginning was very unfair. But then we changed the rules and it was more fair.
I figured out that this game in the beginning was exactly how it is in the real world. Except we are all on the green team, or at least everyone who is reading this is. So we all have to remember how blessed we are and that things are not free, our parents are the people who give us all that we have. So a note for us kids, don’t take everything for granted, instead, thank your parents for their hard work. The world is like the lottery, you get lucky, or you don’t.
Yesterday 5D and 5E went to Pok Fu Lam Village. I was so surprised by what I saw! Even though the lanes were small and uneven, some of the houses people were living in had chandeliers and sofas. It was pretty cool!
When I saw things like the Hay Silo and the Bo Gong Shrine I realized that the residents really care about there culture. Which is probably from China.
This is the link to my goal setting page.
Basically, I had a meeting with my teacher and Mom and we discussed my goals for the first semester of the year. We do this every year to set some goals we can really work hard on for a few months or longer. I reflect on what has happened for the past few weeks, and then decide what I can work on. I can see what I can do at home with my parents’ help, and what I can do in school.
I’ll have another meeting with my mom later on in the year to see if I have met my expectations, or not. Then from there, I will decide what goals I can work on next. If I will keep the same goals or if I will change them so I can work on something else for the remaining part of the year.
Hi everyone, last week I went camping with the rest of my grade. It was fun, tiring and absolutely amazing. We went to the Ti Tam Scouts Centre and were there for three days and two nights. I was in group eight, along with my two friends.
Have you done a similar kind of work in the past?
Last year I went camping to Treasure Island.
What did you find frustrating about it?
Sometimes people were not working together( including me) and when we had to try something more than once I got really frustrated.
If someone was looking at the piece, what might they learn about who you are?
They might learn that I work well in a team but I can get really frustrated and annoyed.
One thing I would like to improve upon is …
I would like to improve upon my attitude towards having to do things over and over again.
I think I was a risk-taker because I tried new things like pier jumping even though I was scared. I could work on my tolerance when we have to repeat things.
Here is the link to my Red Binder.
Hey guys, Today we worked on our expressing ideas poster. Basically, we had to write down an idea and put it in a category. Here are some questions I answered.
What Process did you go through to produce this piece?
What frustrated you?
The blog posts took a lot of research and time.
In what ways your process similar to others?
other people also researched and created similarly to how I did it.
This week we were presenting our This is Me’s. Basically, in this project, we had to create a poster digitally or make a one with sticking on photos and drawing. Here are some questions I answered.
What process did you go through to produce this piece?
- Plan out format
- Find pictures at home
- send them to school email
- Create doc
- arrange photos
- add drawings
How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike?Why? What did you enjoy about this piece of work?
I really like the photos that I included because I think they show a lot about me. I think I could improve on not rushing the drawings and explaining the pictures.
Did you do your work the way other people did theirs?
I did not do my work the way other people did theirs because I printed it out and then also added some drawings. Also, my format was very different from others.
What’s the one thing you saw your classmates do that you might use in your next piece?
I might explain my pictures more clearly next time.