The Young Americans

From January 9th to January 11th, Grade 6 will be participating in something called the Young Americans. The Young Americans is a group of people who are travelling all over the world performing/getting people to perform. This year, they have come to CDNIS and they are here for 3 days to get us more excited about dance.

I’m not looking forward to the Young Americans because I don’t like dancing, or singing and I don’t want to be one of those people who get chosen to perform by themselves. I’m not sure what I’m excited about, but i’m excited to see how my other friends react to the Young Americans (Because I know lots of my friends/classmates are really worried about the Young Americans)

January 10th is the second day. On the first day, we learned a lot, but that was only the opening. It turned out that they didn’t really force you to do anything, they just encouraged you. I’m still not really looking forward to the show, because I still am just as nervous as yesterday (I don’t like being frontstage), Even if I don’t like being front stage, somehow I ended up at the very back.

January 11th is the performance for the Young Americans, and I became just a bit more nervous because a Young American gave me & my friends a solo. I’m lucky because I just have to go up to the very front to say 1 word, and my friends have to go up and dance by themselves for 5 minutes. I am also more nervous because I forgot some of what we have to do and where we have to go.

During the performance, I felt a bit uncomfortable because our shirt was really big (And it was really hot), there was no water, and we couldn’t go to the bathroom when we needed to. I think the way we presented our performance was good. I wasn’t really nervous because if you went to the front, you’d only see the light any nobody in the audience.

I think that having the Young Americans here gave us a good experience (even if we don’t like singing or dancing).