Camp & Kayaking

From November 19th to November 30th, grade 6 went to camp in Sai Kung with Outward Bounds.

The activity in camp I didn’t enjoy the most was just getting in a circle in the water (I don’t know what it’s called). I didn’t really understand the point of the activity, It also made us get much much colder and more nervous about what we were going to do next like the water activities.

The hiking part of camp is also one of the activities that i didn’t enjoy the most. The 2 good things were: Getting new experiences and you get more exercise. I didn’t enjoy hiking because the slope was really steep and dangerous and anybody could fall, but the people far ahead didn’t help people at the back. I also didn’t enjoy it because there were lots of mosquitoes and bees and lots of people can get stung and bitten (Which will hurt and annoy you)

One of the activities i enjoyed was the rope course. It wasn’t that hard but it was fun to walk across the rope. The things that could’ve made the activity better was that if the supporters could have some other job to do instead of stand in front/beside/behind the person walking on the rope and have their hand out. Maybe next time they can have some challenges.

My favorite activity is kayaking, because I like to do water activities, and kayaking lets you go anywhere that is connected to the ocean (Different islands).  The bad thing that happened when we were kayaking was that me and my friends had to go to the bathroom badly but there was no bathroom on the kayak or on the sea. So we had to learn to be patient to wait for people to be faster and go to the island together.

At the end of camp, I thought that it was a good experience and I enjoyed most of the activities. We learned a lot about the environment and how to protect it, and different skills like how to kayak, how to wear a lifejacket properly, etc. We also learned how to cooperate. I think that Outward Bounds provided us with a good experience (outside of home).