Here is my final composition, I added new rhythms and tried to fix the melodic segments that clashed with the chords. However, I felt that my final composition was adequate, so I did not change as much as I had previously.
I named it awkward friend dance because I felt that it reflected the true nature of my piece; that awkward dance you make with people when you’re going one way and they’re going the other way. This is because of the jumbled rhythm and melody in my piece.
I had an ABA sequence in my piece as was instructed, and also a melody that fit with the chords on my piano part. I tried to use as many neighbouring and passing tones as possible so as to give my piece as congruent flow as possible.
In my original 8 bar melody, I had a very consistent use of only eighth notes. However, as you can see in my revised version, I now use quarter notes, staccato eighth notes, 16th notes, and also a dotted 8th note at the end. I thought that this might add flavour to my piece, as I found that my style in my previous draft was rather bland. I was also told that my descending scale seemed to drag on. It was for this reason that I added staccato notes; I could still use my original descending C major scale, but at the same time make it more interesting than before.
Along with this I made my left hand more interesting. As you can see in the second phrase, I have a minor chord so as to add variety to my melody.