Resumé & Cover Letter

Cover Letter to Sevenoaks:

March 23rd, 2018

Ms Maegan Robichaud

Sevenoaks School Admissions Officer

High St, Sevenoaks TN13 1HU, UK

Dear Ms Robichaud,

I am writing to apply for a place in Sevenoaks High School in the coming fall and to explain why I would be an ideal addition to the Sevenoaks community. Since primary school, my education has been based on the International Baccalaureate programme. While it is a rigorous programme that encourages well-roundedness and balance, I consistently prove my ability to succeed in a fast-paced setting, as shown by the academic achievements listed in my resumé. Having been taught this curriculum for most of my learning journey, I have developed responsibility, perseverance and resilience. These traits paired with my academic strength render me an exemplary candidate for your school, as I am able to flourish even in competitive environments.

In the everchanging modern world, there is rapidly increasing demand for candidates who are not only academically successful but also lifelong learners. Since a young age, I have participated in extracurriculars that allow me to explore my passions, ranging from musical productions to debate competitions to various school clubs. These have allowed me to enrich my creative, argumentative and leadership skills to name a few; however, the activity I found the most rewarding was Kids4Kids, an initiative where student volunteers visit local community centers and read to children to help them in learning English as a second language. This program not only fosters organizational skills as students are tasked with planning each session but also cultivates interpersonal skills and a drive for making positive contributions to society. As your school places emphasis on well-rounded students who are passionate about building a better world, I believe my extracurricular activities also demonstrate my suitability for Sevenoaks.

Thank you for your time and consideration. My contact details, as well as my resumé and reference letter, have been enclosed within my application. I look forward to your response and am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Kyna Lee