March 12, 2014 - 074060

YOTH Music Performance

Recently, grade 7 performed a music piece to celebrate year of the horse. We had five performances over the course of 3 days, January 29, 30 and 31. Two on each day except for the 31st. I enjoyed participating in the Year of the Horse performance because I was playing the drums and I thought that it was a good experience and it was really fun. I think that some of my personal growth during this performance is me gaining confidence to play the drums in front of a large crowd of people. Personal growth is when you achieve something that is a goal for you. I quite liked the music because I thought that it sounded like a horse running in some parts but I found that the funnest part in the music is when we started to play Gangnam Style and the younger kids in the front recognised it and started to dance. I think that performing to an audience is much different then just playing in a classroom because if you are playing in a classroom, it is more casual and people aren’t watching for mistakes. If you are playing to an audience, it is different because you can see people when you are playing and if you make a mistake it is more embarrassing because people are watching you do it. Since I was on the drums at the front of the stage, my group had to practice more so that we wouldn’t make a mistake. Overall, I think that the performance was a really great experience and I hope to do something similar!

Music / Uncategorized

Comments

• Lovett says:

Thanks for your comments Monica. You did a splendid job on the Chinese Drums. I didn’t realise the little kids started to dance in the Gangnam Style part of the song – and that makes me happy too. I like how you grew in confidence in your YOTH role, and that you had a good time.