1. Explain how you believe you are progressing on your instrument so far this year.
I think that my fingering and blowing methods have improved because I know how to play notes we haven’t played in class yet.
I can also recognise those notes in new sheet music too
2. Explain specifically what you are currently doing to improve your level of skill.
I try to play the scales at different paces, then I move on to playing songs recommended by my saxophone teacher. I also work on reading the notes to familiarise myself with the music I’m playing.
3. How often do you practice?
Twice a week depending on the time I arrive home or how much work I have.
4. Which of these are you most successful at: note accuracy, rhythm accuracy, articulation, dynamics, tone quality, breathing/phrasing?
- Tone quality (Because I usually practice these at home and get advice on how to improve it from my saxophone teacher.)
- Note Accuracy
- Rhythm Accuracy
6. What can you do to improve as a musician?
I can work on understanding the rhythms of the songs because even if I know how to play the notes, I still play faster or slower than others due to my lack of understanding rhythm. I can also work on my breathing because I don’t know when to take a breathe and when not.