What were the five key events in the Historical Development of the Natural Science?
- Ancient people who discovered facts through sense perception and trial and error. This is a historical development because back then people did not record what they discovered, for example by touching fire and knowing that it is hot.
- China and India using their religion and beliefs to discover more aspects about the natural world. This is a historical development because this is when the Chinese did alchemy, which was early Chemistry and discovered answers through the elements and yin yang. It is important because it was one of the starting points to discovering more about the natural world.
- Galileo discovery of the microscope and telescope because it was different from religion, which was what people mainly depended on when reasoning the observations in the natural world.
- Creation of the printer because it allowed people to share their knowledge through publications.
- Isaac Newton who discovered the scientific method because it allowed there to be a more structured way to create theories, concepts and ideas about the Natural Sciences.
Is it inevitable that the Historical Development of the Natural Science’s has led us to our current way of doing Natural Science? Why or why not?
I think it is inevitable to a certain extent that the Historical Development of the Natural Science’s had led us to our current way of doing Natural Sciences because without previous inventions and theories that have been discovered by people who may not even be scientists, there would no be base that starts off the development of Natural Science. Currently, we stick to concepts such as the scientific method, but the study of Natural Sciences is a continuation of developing ideas that have been created in the past, but at the same time there are some that try to disprove theories and ideas, showing that the historical development of Natural Science’s has led us to our current way of doing it. This contrasts from what has been done before in Natural Science, as people used ideas from religion and intuition. However, it may not be inevitable to a certain extent as well because without the Historical Development of Natural Science, there could be new methods that have been developed now that lead to the current way of doing Natural Science. For example, the Scientific Method is a method that can be used in Natural Science but some can deviate from it as they believe that shouldn’t be the way of doing Natural Science.