Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is a really good book by J.K. Rowling, It’s the 1st Harry Potter book that J.K. Rowling made. I haven’t finished the entire book (I’ll still tell you the parts I read), but I think that the ending will be very interesting. This book is about Harry, living with his uncle Vernon, his aunt Petunia and his cousin Dudley. He gets treated really badly and they make him sleep in a closet below the stairs, until letters from a mysterious person comes to Harry, and he soon finds out that he gets to go to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a school for training magic with wizards and witches. Why? Harry Potter is a wizard. Before he goes to Hogwarts, a giant called Hagrid tells Harry about his mom and dad. Harry finds out that Voldemort killed his parents but didn’t kill him, he’s still suspicious why Voldemort didn’t kill him. When he gets to Hogwarts, he meets Ron (Ronald) Weasley, he has 6 siblings, (from oldest to youngest) Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron then his little sister Ginny. Harry also meets Hermione Granger, a nice, brave and caring girl. They have to get put into houses, they all have to go to the stage and put on a magic hat, the hat shouts out which house you are in.The 3 of them end up in Gryffindor house (the lion). In Hogwarts, there are 4 houses, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Harry doesn’t want to get in Slytherin because Voldemort, the bad guy in the series, was in that house, and no one wants to say his name so they call him you-know-who. The philosopher’s stone is hidden and guarded very well, but Professor Snape (the headmaster of Slytherin house) wants to steal the stone, and Harry thinks he knows why. Snape is trying to get the stone for you-know-who, and trying to let him have more power. Harry, Hermione and Ron try to find out more why Snape wants to steal the stone, and how Snape can get past the strong and powerful guard, Fluffy.

This book is for people who like adventure and fantasy. I really like J.K. Rowling’s style, she makes this book sound really interesting and making me want to read more. I’ve never seen or read anything like it before, but maybe I can get the 2nd book, and read it, it’s really interesting (I’ve said it so many times because it its interesting). In this book, I like Hermione because she is brave, nice and can be a very good friend. She is not afraid to stop Ron and Harry from doing dangerous or to risky things. Hermione also helps her friends when their in need, she helps Harry and Ron for studying for the test to get to their 2nd year, and helps them for homework. I’m really looking forward to the ending of this book and also reading the 2nd book, which is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. My friend Alpha-Adventurer 13 wrote a reading reflection about the 3rd Harry Potter book, which is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, here is the link. Hope you can read the Harry Potter books too! 🙂

One thought on “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

1. Hey Alpha-Adventurer 20!
    I like your reflection, you explained a lot about the story and the characters. My favourite character is also Hermione, I think she’s really smart, she would make a good friend for anyone (except for Draco or any of the Malfoy’s). Thanks for putting my link on to your post! Hope your blog improves a lot, and please comment on my blog sometime!!!
    Cheers,
    Stargirl aka Alpha-Adventurer 13 🙂