Sassy The Birthday Storm

Sassy The Birthday Storm is a really good book by Sharon M. Draper. This book is about Sassy and her family (her Dad, Mom, older sister and older brother) during their summer vacation they are going to Florida to celebrate Sassy’s grandmother’s birthday. Sassy is a really sweet girl who always has her sparkle sack with her, with all the supplies she or other people need. Like her nail polish, lucky ribbons, bracelets, ink pens in glow-in-the-dark colors. Pansy Pink. Gala Green. Cherry Red. Banana Yellow. Juicy Orange, and Passion Purple, she also has a lot of other things in there. When they get to Florida, the weather reports say that there’s a hurricane swirling in the Atlantic, and is heading towards Sassy’s grandmothers town. After the hurricane hits, there’s no electricity, stores are closed, and there’s no birthday cake. Sassy thinks the birthday party will be ruined. Even worse, the lives of sea turtles are going to be threatened by the storm, but luckily Sassy has her sparkle sack with her. With her family, she saves 100 turtle eggs from being washed away in the storm. Later on, Sassy learns that her, her family and her grandmother have a unforgettable celebration. Sassy and her family learn about the power and beauty of nature, and being together is the best gift of all.

I really liked this book because it shows the meaning of being together with family is the best gift of all. I really like the author Sharon M. Draper’s style, because she made this story sound really interesting and making me want to read more. After I finished reading a few chapters, I just wanted to read more and more. I really recommend this book to girls who love adventure and who loves being with family.  I really hope you can read this book! 🙂

One thought on “Sassy The Birthday Storm

1. Hi Alpha-Adventuer 20,
    It sounds like a cool book! Maybe you could read some of the Twilight books! I like those books! Try not to write in that much bright colors it kind of hurt my eyes. Other than that it was purfect!
    From Grace
    P.S I love your cool widgets!