In Design, we recently designed a heart valve model to teach a younger audience about the heart and specifically, the heart valve. One of the major changes I made was the type of flap I implemented with my model because after realising with the help of my design teacher, I realised my intended flap for my design was unsuitable and unsuccessful. So I redesigned the flap to allow one way flow. Also another change I made was the material I used to simulate blood flow. Originally I wanted to use marbles because it was more effective with my design to allow one way flow. However I thought it was unrealistic and would confuse my target audience and changed it to rice. But then rice was too light weight which means my model couldn’t show one way flow. So in the end I changed to beans. In the video below, I will also explain other choices I made regarding to my model.