Service & Action

How did you become more aware of your own strengths and areas for growth?

How I became more aware of my own strengths was when I started to develop more interest in the area/activity, enjoy doing it and seeing results. For example, I am aware that I am good at art compared to my other subjects as I enjoying doing it a lot, constantly acquiring new skills, constantly improving and therefore most of the time I am able to see good results from the outcome. I am also more aware of my areas for growth as I identify what I need to improve/can further improve on to enhance my skill(s), being reflective on what I have exceeded on and areas I can further develop.

How did you undertake challenges that developed new skills?

I believe that with enough determination and with the right mindset, you are able to complete tasks or overcome challenges, benefiting you in many ways as it trains you to complete tasks/activities you have committed to and also acquire other skills. For example, I was able to complete my Personal Project product before the Christmas break, planning and using my time wisely to get it done so I would give myself enough time to complete my report. This not only helped me with focusing on tasks, but it also enhanced my time management skills, organizational skills,

How did you discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities?

I plan my schedule at least a week or sometimes a month ahead to get an overall idea of when I am available or unavailable to do school work due to events or outside activities. However, there are times where there is suddenly an assignment due, therefore, I would have to make some rearrangements to my schedule (outside activities). Evaluating my plan is very difficult for me as there are always changes to my schedule, considering my student-initiated activities, school assignments, and my social life (family and friends). Though aside from that, I am able to finalize my schedule a week before so my week would be organized, therefore allowing me to see my priorities/tasks needed to complete within the week.

How did you persevere in action?

I always try contributing to communities using my art, whether it is promoting a fundraising, teaching underprivileged kids to draw, raising awareness for a social issue, etc.

How did you work collaboratively with others?

I try to be as respectful as possible towards my peers, always putting their thoughts and ideas into consideration and also sharing my own opinions. I also try to make sure we are all on task to ensure that everything is complete on time and everything is kept organized to prevent any arguments or further disagreements.

How did you develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism and intercultural understanding?

I became more aware of what is going on around me, such as current issues or problems that are not being fixed. This then motivated me to contribute to taking action by raising awareness for communities. I decided to do this through drawings as I believe spreading awareness for something is more effective visually (like advertising), having more impact towards the audience. For example, I wanted to raise awareness for a suicide prevention organization, so I decided to create a poster to promote it.

How did you consider the ethical implications of your actions?

I always keep in mind to be respectful to anyone, no matter what circumstance, to be honest with myself and to always do what I believe is right for others, yet at the same time trying not to go over boundaries. I would always try to take action, but to a certain extent (no propaganda, protests, fights, etc)

You may also like...