Being a ‘Communicator’

According to the International Baccalaureate (IB) learner profile characteristics, what defines a communicator is a person who “Expresses themselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways, and exercises initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.” 

The initial piece of evidence below being an excerpt of French letter writing demonstrates proficiency in a foreign language, which meets a portion of the criteria above requiring a communicator to express themselves confidently in more than one language, as this letter was sent to a French speaking ‘pen pal’ abroad. Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 2.58.34 pm

The second piece of evidence is my participation in the CDNIS SAGE (Student Activists for Gender Equality) club where constant debate is taken place to find reasonable solutions to ethical problems regarding gender equality. This corresponds to the above criterion of exercising initiative in making reasoned and ethical decisions.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 3.23.16 pm

The third and final piece of evidence is a Chinese short story I wrote for a writing competition, this again demonstrates proficiency in a foreign language, and it also shows I am able to express myself creatively as it is a fictional story. This corresponds to the criteria of expressing myself creatively and in more than one language. All of these pieces of evidence tie in together to show that I meet all the criteria of what makes a communicator.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 3.24.09 pm

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.