LO2 – Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills

A new challenge may be an unfamiliar experience or an extension of an existing one. The newly acquired or developed skills may be shown through experiences that the student has not previously undertaken or through increased expertise in an established area.

The student:
– participates in an experience that demands an appropriate personal challenge; this could be with new or familiar experiences
– is willing to become involved in unfamiliar environments and situations
– acquires new skills and abilities
– increases expertise in an established area
– shows newly acquired or developed skills or increased expertise in an established area

When I was in middle school, my friends introduced me to many online art communities, on which I could reach a wider audience than I had ever previously imagined. That was the beginning of a new perspective on art for me. I became more business-minded, I learned to advertise myself, to sell my art for clients, and how to look for what the community wants. At this point, I became aware of how much of a sense of business-mindedness is required for me to succeed in the art realm. 

I am still very grateful for this experience today, and even now I continue to work towards improving my business skills in addition to my artistic skills. I look for advice on pricing my work, as well as collaborating with other artists for mutual promotion.