Composition Progress #3

by Jasmine on March 4, 2014

I made some changes to my 24 bar composition, such as bar 7, Mr. O’ Toole suggested to not have repeated fast notes as it will be really hard to play on the flute if I had to play it realistically. I changed it up a little bit so that there’s a little bit of variation I am almost done since I just need to add in my passing tone and neighbouring tone labels, more dynamics, articulation, and fix the chord labels. I will do that as a final change to my composition.

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Chase's Blog March 4, 2014 at 11:06 am

I think that your composition sounds really nice since you included many dynamics and a variety of notes to create a unique tempo! I think that the chords match each measure as well. Although I think that you should be more careful about where you put the PT and NT. You may want your part B to be more related to part A.

Nicole March 4, 2014 at 10:46 am

Hi Jasmine! 🙂
Great job on your composition! I see you have made changes according to the suggestions i’ve made in my previous comment on adding accidentals to your B part. Maybe add more specific dynamics in the last 2 bars instead of a long decrescendo.

053589 March 4, 2014 at 7:51 am

I really like your composition, it sounds nice and complex. However I think you should look back at your labels for PT and NT because they are off. So far so good 🙂