So far, our group met yesterday, we talked/finalized/brainstormed our inquiry questions, supporting questions, List of things we could investigate about and refining our purpose statement. I think our group is on task and everything is going great!
Task:To create an exhibit that proves that our lives and the civilization we live in today are a result of what happened in the past.
Purpose/Statement: To investigate how certain individuals and their creations have shaped civilizations around the world.
Refine Purpose: [not finalized]
To find out how individuals and their perspectives have changed civilizations around the world.
Concepts: Connection, Perspective, Change
Questions: [not finalized]
1. How do individuals’ perspectives cause them to take action?
2. How did individuals change civilization?
3. What connections are there between individuals and civilizations?
4.Why does the communities of the civilization’s perspectives cause the the individuals to fight and cause change?
5.How do peoples perspectives cause civilization to change? Civilization do change over time right because their perspectives might change.
Lines Of Inquiry:
An inquiry into the connections between individuals and civilization
An inquiry into changes in civilizations brought by individuals
An inquiry into how individuals’ perspectives cause them to take action
Big Inquiry Question: [not finalized]
How have individuals and their perspectives shaped civilizations around the world determine how we live today?
- We will be polite and respectful to each other.
- We will Participate in group discussions
- We will Stay on topic (no games, chats etc.)
- We will finish our own work
- We will be responsible for our own work
- We will use our time effectively
- We will have group meetings when needed
- We agree to make all decisions with group
- We will always cross check our information
- We will always cite our sources after we use them on Noodle Bib.
- We will cooperate, communicate, compromise and collaborate effectively
Specific things that you want to investigate?
-How it has impacted us
-What happened during that time
-Civilizations [Globally and Locally]
- Individuals that have shaped civilization (inventors, new ideas)
List of Possible Investigations [really specific] [not finalized] [unfinished]
2. Adolf Hitler
3. Martin Luther King Jr.
4. Thomas Jefferson
5. Albert Einstein
6. Founding Fathers (US)
9. William Shakespeare
11. The Wright Brothers
12. Nelson Mandela
13. Thomas Edison
14. Benjamin Franklin
List of Possible Civilizations: [really specific]
1. Sumerian Civilization
2. Aztec Civilization
3. Mayan Civilization
4. Modern Western Civilization
5. Chinese Civilization (past and present)
6. Greek Civilization
7. Roman Civilization
8. Egyptian Civilization