iFolio Post: LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

In my experience with the business club, skills and collaboration have been imperative for the club’s success. For example in the business club, we all decided to sell keychains as our next merchandise, however as for the design we all collaborated to a design we feel would sell best sell to our target audience. The initial keychain designs were made and we all commented, shared ideas on how to improve the design to garner more sales and satisfaction from consumers. For example, initially the keychain design was of the volleyball team, we all liked this sports team proposal of a keychain, however other members and I felt a more generic sports travel shirt would be suitable. This is because the volleyball kit seemed to only be targeting a niche market, that of current and maybe former volleyball players, however instead of this we opted for one that appealed to all individuals in CDNIS with a neutral sports travel shirt. Thus, this keychain design was formed not only by a collaboration of members, but also the open minded nature of the club to accept others ideas and further build upon them as a group. This is only a small example of collaboration within the business club, collaborations with other clubs in order to advantage both parties are common as well, which both enhance individual and club experience. Furthermore, club members are all assigned a role in the club, however these are subject to change based on newfound expertise and skills, for example once I was in charge of contacting suppliers and being able to order the right amount. However as time went on I came to understand my role would be better fit as one who oversees a variety aspects of the club, assisting with every aspect of the production process and I have now been flourishing in this role. Therefore, the business club has given me a platform to polish and find new skills through collaboration, role rotation and much more, I’ve been able to learn more and more through both mediums and I am extremely grateful for the club.