LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

My CAS experiences have allowed me to appreciate the benefits of collaborating with others. One example of this is my experience as an executive member of the science club at our school. Our team works to bring exciting new experiments and explorations for students in the upper school to complete every week. In doing so, I have not only learned the importance of working with other peers but also come to a better understanding of how a team can operate the most efficiently. We all have our own roles on the executive team and understanding how the roles act together is key to ensuring that everything flows smoothly.

Each week, we all conduct our own research and come together to build a plan for each experiment. The process of deciding on what to do requires us to consider everybody’s ideas. I believe that this is actually very valuable as everybody comes to the table with different perspectives in regards to how things could be done. While sometimes not everybody’s ideas can come to fruition, it is important that we operate as a team and keep our main goal in mind, to promote scientific enquiries within our school community!