CAS Week : Pre-Fiji Trip Thoughts

What kinds of things do you think you can expect in Fiji?

One of the things I am really excited about is experiencing the beauty of the untainted environment of Fiji. The amazing views in Fiji are supposed to be some of the best in the world, and I am looking forward to witness this for myself.

What kinds of experience do you think you will have when visiting a Fijian village?

Being able to immerse myself in the local culture of Fiji should be very interesting as it will be extremely different to what I am accustomed to. I hope to learn more about their culture and their daily lifestyle. From what I have heard, Fijians are generally pretty friendly so there is that to look forward to too.

How will you re-evaluate and redefine the importance of multiculturalism after this journey?

I think that being exposed to different cultures during this trip, will help me re-evaluate the importance  of different cultures. After experiencing Fiji’s unique culture, I hope to develop a deeper understanding of the many small countries in that region of the world.

How will you re-evaluate and redefine the importance of environmental protection after this journey?

The environment in Fiji is significantly different from HongKong’s. Coming back to HK after experiencing the unpolluted water and landscapes in Fiji, will most likely make me realise the importance of preserving the environment.

How will you react to differences in food and social norms?

I love experiencing new things. I am normally pretty open to trying anything, so I am excited to see all that Fiji has to offer.

Do you think you will be able to relate to the children/teenagers in any way? Explain.

I think that to a certain extent all children/teenagers share common interests. Although our cultures are very different, I am sure that there are some things that we can connect upon.

How do you think you may discover / develop your leadership potential?

Although I am not a group leader, I think that I will still be able to develop some leadership and team skills while going through new experiences in Fiji.

How could the experience change your perspective of the world?

Fiji is a very unique in both its environment and its culture. I think that after experiencing this I will be able to appreciate the beauty of nature more. Being exposed to a new culture will allow me to be aware of how different societies around the world function. Hopefully I will be able to bring back some of those ideals and incorporate them in my life in Hong Kong.

In what ways do you think this journey may change you?

This trip will be a totally new experience for me. I am really excited to visit Fiji and hopefully learn something new.

One thought on “CAS Week : Pre-Fiji Trip Thoughts

1. Thanks for your pre-trip reflection. I hope you will enjoy your time in Fiji. It may not be as easy for us to take part in city-wide actions and initiatives to preserve the environment in Hong Kong, but I think everything begins with oneself. I am glad you have already begun thinking about it.