Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian

Summary

In this book, Percy Jackson and his friends are fighting a huge war with the Titans. Percy, son of Poseidon, god of the sea, organizes his fellow demigod (half god, half human) campers to prepare for a giant battle. Even with the help of the Hunters of Artemis, many satyrs, naiads, and centaurs, they are pushed back to the base of Olympus by Kronos’ army (leader of the Titans). Percy, Kronos and Luke, who Kronos is using as a host body battle in the throne room of Olympus. Luke is then shocked back into his non-evil self when Annabeth helps him remember about his promise of family to her. Luke realizes that what he is doing is wrong and he uses Annabeth’s dagger to kill himself and Kronos.

Character Analysis

Percy Jackson is a half human, half god (demigod). His father is Poseidon, giving him the power to control water. Percy is very brave and courageous leading his fellow demigods into battle. His hometown is New York and his weapon of choice is a bronze sword  he calls Riptide. Percy is the main character of the series and plays a big part in the story.

Connections to My Life

I can relate to parts of this story, for example in the story Percy stands up for what he believes is right. He also stands up for his friends. I can also relate to Luke, not knowing what is is right and what to do at times. I can also relate to not being able to not being able to do anything and just having to stand back and watch.

If I was the main character, I would have…

If I was the main character, I would have made sure that I knew what everyone was doing during the big battle. This would prevent any spies and make sure that everyone is okay. Unlike how in the story Percy Jackson just assumed everyone was okay until the end of the day.

3 thoughts on “Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian

1. Your summary of the book was really good, talking from more than one point of view, but there is one thing I have to ask you, how would you have been able to make sure everybody was OK, I mean, you are in the middle of the war! Anyway, nice post.

Vishal

2. Your summary is good and it sounds like you like the book a lot. Your summary is very informative to people that want to read that book but haven’t. I would have made sure that I knew what everyone was doing during the big battle. I don’t really get what this sentence means and also you made a mistake at the end of the report. I think that maybe you could have put something about the prophecy about the next child of the big three. Which is Percy.