CAS: Personal Profile

by 043067 on February 8, 2017

Strengths, Skills and Talents

I would say that my strengths, skills and talents lie mainly in literary activities (speaking, writing, reading/analysis) and those pertaining to the visual arts. I wouldn’t say that I have any specific talents, but I consider myself to be skilled in the aforementioned areas through participation in activities like Model United Nations, debate competitions and more. My natural inclination towards this sort of activity as well as my participation in these events have contributed greatly to my communication skills — vitally important since I aspire to study law in university.

Some other skills I possess include first-aid (certification from St John’s Ambulance HK) and flute playing.

Passions and Affinities

In my leisure time, I mainly enjoy reading and visual arts (creating and viewing art). Although neither of these are my real passion (which is social justice), I often try to incorporate my passion into my hobbies. For instance, I am trying to read a greater selection of books written by a wider variety of authors, instead of just the same sort of semi-literary work, with the same sort of European/North American setting and by again, a caucasian author. A better example of incorporating my passion into my hobbies would likely be my Personal Project, which involved creating 2 works of visual art to illustrate 2 social issues I care deeply about.

CAS-like Experiences Prior to Grade 11

In Grade 10, I was involved in the following:

• Venturer Company at the 1st Hong Kong Canadian Scout Group (company president)
  • Horticulture Club (president)
  • Jewellery Making Club (communications executive)
  • CDNIS Alliance
  • HKAYP programme at CDNIS (silver level, all expeditions were completed in the 2015 – 2016 school year)
  • CDNISMUN conference
  • Weekly flute lessons (individual, outside school)

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Profile photo of Jonathan Jonathan February 11, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Thank you Alanna, you had some interesting experiences, and have great strengths.