Friday January 7th weekly update
• We begin playing handball on P.E. class
• We had a field trip to Eco Park
• We had a rehearsal for our winter concert: “Lets Make It Happen”
• We finished our second summative assessment “Tracking the Trash”
• “If” poetry winners
• We learned the 3 little pigs in French
• Most unusual Christmas short story competition
• Finished watching the movie “Christmas Carol”
• Started preparing class reps speeches term 2
• We learned Mixed numbers, improper numbers, remainders and decimals for math
• Finished U.O.I
• Finished our class novel “Messenger”
It’s a new year! And this week, we did a lot of fun activities! One of them was finishing the movie “Christmas Carol” which we watched before our holidays. Christmas Carol is a suspenseful movie, which talks about an old man who hated Christmas. But his friend Marley, who died a long time ago, came to haunt him and warned him about his fate if he does not change his attitude. Then 3 ghosts will come and teach him a lesson. Overall it is a very fun and suspenseful to watch the movie, its very thrilling and it made me scare because of the suspenseful music. I really liked that movie and hope we could watch another movie, which is like this.
It’s tiring, fun, and everyone likes it! It’s P.E.! This time, we started a new sport, which is called handball. The point of this game is to only use your hands; you have 3 seconds to either pass or to shoot. This sport requires a lot of cooperation and teamwork. Without these requirements, your team will be a wreck! We played a couple of matches with our classmates and it was really fun! We cooperated a lot and the game was going so fast, we couldn’t even remember the scores! Overall, the sport handball is really fun and I hope we could play it again!
Field trips are very fun! This week, we took an one hour trip to the Eco Park. In the Eco Park, we learned a lot of the waste management all around the world. We also went to a recycling station which is just near by. In the recycling station, we saw people who were working really hard to divide the 7 type of plastic. But unfortunately, they only divide 6 types there. The trip to the Eco Park is really fun and I hope we could have another field trip again!