Over the past week, we have seen and done many things. We have completed our summative assessments and our math menus, and I’ve also started an independent project.
Our summative assessment was on our current unit “Marketplaces”. I made two models (as said in previous post) and a report. It was complicated when I started the report but it ended up alright. I had to follow a very specific structure that included an introduction, a body, interpretations and a conclusion. I found it hard to keep the body on the subject and I repeatedly meandered into other subjects that had little or nothing to do with marketplaces. I ended up with a plastic file with 4 pages in it. (a two-paged report, a floor plan of Pacific Place and a floor plan of Graham Street).
The math menu was a page full of activities to test our skills in algebra. In total there were six different activities. I have happily finished each and every one of them and in return, I received an independent project on the Pythagorean Theorem. I worked with Rael in order to create a poster, a presentation and 23 worksheets for the class.
After much pain, I have decided to end this weekly update and say goodbye to you lads and lassies. So, goodbye.