In peoples’ eyes, the wax figures in a museum such as the Madame Tussauds are considered as art. They feel that since the process of making a wax figure require a lot of time and effort, that it is considered as art. On the other hand, people feel that replicas are not considered art as they are just copies of what is already done. I think that people do not really consider replicas as art due to the fact that they think that it is not ‘authentic’.
- Do the Arts give us knowledge?
- To what extent does society’s perspective play a part in acceptability of an object?
- Does art have to have a meaning? Conversely, if something is meaningless, can it be art?
- What responsibilities, if any, does an artist have when they create a piece of art work?
- What makes something art?