The PYP Evaluation visit begins on Wednesday 21 March and concludes on Friday 23. During the visit, the evaluation team will complete a number of tasks that include a review of the school self study and meetings with a number of key people including students, teachers, administrators and parents.
We would like to invite around 10-12 parents to meet with the evaluation team and discuss the specific questions listed below. It is important that we get a good cross section of parents from Pre Reception to Grade 6. If you would like to participate, please register here, PYP Evaluation Visit Parent Meeting. Parents who are selected will be emailed directly by Wednesday 14 March.
Date: Thursday 22 March
Time: 4:00 – 4:30PM
Venue: 8th Floor Breakout Room
Possible questions for discussion:
- Why did you choose this school for your child/children?
- Describe the role that parents play in the school
- Describe how the school is committed to the principles outlined in its mission statement
- What systems are in place for communication between the school and parents?
- How is the parent community informed about the programme?
- What do you see as the advantages of a PYP education?
- What do you see as the disadvantages of a PYP education?
- Have you heard your child/children talking about the learner profile attributes at home?
- In what ways is the school developing in students the qualities, attitudes and characteristics described in the IB learner profile?
- Can you think of a time when your child has done something independently at home as a result of their learning?
- Describe the reporting practices implemented in the school?
- Do you feel that the reporting practices in the school adequately inform you about your child/children’s progress?
We thank you for your consideration.