We’ve got lots of awesomeness planned for Semester 2 of the Timbertones. Take a look at our calendar here!
Timbertones! I just learned of an arts workshop being offered in Hong Kong on December 8-9 that sounds right up your alley!
For more information check out this link here.
Have a great October break! Don’t forget to practice memorizing “A Wish For Peace”, “Nothing More” and the bilingual Canadian National Anthem!
Wowee! It feels like forever since we’ve seen each other! I’ve missed you!! I’m looking forward to getting back to work with you next Tuesday, October 2 in LLAC 816.
A heads up regarding some upcoming choir dates (and what you need to do to prepare for them). There’s a lot of information below, but I wanted to share a snap shot of what to expect in the weeks to come for LS Choir!
October 9 – Club Yearbook Photo
- When – during choir time
- What do you need to wear – your white polo, khaki bottoms (if you have PE that day, bring a change of clothes)
November 9 – Remembrance Day Performance
- When – 8:00am and 9:40am
- Where – LLAC Theatre
- What are we singing – Canadian National Anthem, I Wish For Peace and Nothing More
- What you need to wear – your white polo, khaki bottoms (if you have PE that day, bring a change of clothes)
- Will you miss class? Yes, Ms. Benusa will notify your teachers closer to the date
- Can parents attend? Yes, but only in the balcony with the understanding that students get priority seating
December 2 – Sai Wan War Ceremony Performance
- When – 8:30am pickup and 12:30pm drop off
- Where – Sai Wan War Ceremony (buses provided pickup and drop off admiralty MTR)
- What are we singing – to be determined but either the anthems (bilingual Canadian version) or I Wish For Peace and Nothing More
- What do you need to wear – white polo, khaki bottoms (please make sure that uniforms are clean and crisp for this event), you may bring a jumper in case it is cold
- Can parents attend? Yes, but you will need to note this on the permission slip so we can include you in the headcount for busing (there is not parking at the cemetery and driving is not advised)
December 19 – Winter Sing-Along
- When – 8:00am and 1:00pm
- Where – LLAC Theatre
- What are we singing – Be a Candle of Hope + you will find out!
- What do you need to wear – white polo and khaki bottoms (are you sensing a theme here?!?)
- Can parents attend? Yes, but its a pretty packed house!! Parent seating is limited and only available in the mezzanine. Priority seating goes to students.
This year the Timbertones will be directed by Ms. Ashley Benusa. Ms. Benusa teaches Performing Arts to Grade 1-3 in the Lower School. She is a cellist and a vocalist and grew up singing in choirs all of her life. She is very excited to lead the choir in the LS this year!
This blog will be used to communicate rehearsal and performance times as well as provide materials for Timbertones members to use to practice at home. Check here regularly for important updated information!
Auditions: Auditions will start August 27rd. This is just an opportunity for Ms. Benusa to hear everyone’s individual voice. You will be required to sing Happy Birthday, and that’s it! No pressure! You can sign up for auditions here.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be held every Tuesday from 2:45 – 4:00pm in Ms. Benusa’s room starting September 4. You can find a calendar of our rehearsal and performance schedule for semester I here. If your child cannot attend rehearsal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as attendance will be taken each rehearsal. If a student has more than two unexcused absences from choir, they will be asked to leave the ensemble.
Performances: We will have many opportunities to share our singing with the CDNIS community throughout the year!
Friday, November 9: Remembrance Day Assembly
Sunday, December 2: Siu Sai Wan Remembrance Day Ceremony (to be confirmed)
Wednesday, December 19: Winter Sing-Along
April (date tba): Treble Timbertones to sing at St. Mary’s Home for the Aged
May (date tba): LS Performing Arts Spring Concert