Reflections may not come naturally. Students should consider the following key questions:
- What did I plan to do?
- What did I do?
- What were the outcomes, for me, the team I was working with, and others?
Other questions to ask would be:
- How successful was I in achieving my goals? What difficulties did I encounter and how did I overcome them?
- What did I learn about myself and others through this activity/project? What abilities, attitudes and values have I developed?
- Did anyone help me to think about my learning during this activity/project? If so, who helped and how did they help?
- How did this activity/project benefit others?
- Did I maintain full attendance? How many sessions have I missed? Was I punctual? How would I summarize my effort and commitment?
- What might I do differently next time to improve?
- How can I apply what I have learned in other life situations?
- What have I learned about development issues that are evident in our local community? How do I feel about this? What are my views on these issues? What have I done to address these issues?