CDNIS CAS Guide
CAS is a core requirement of the IB curriculum. Student must successfully complete the CAS programme to receive their IB Diploma.
The curriculum is modelled by a hexagon with six academic areas surrounding the three core requirements.
Over the course of the two-year programme, students:
- study six subjects chosen from the six subject groups
- complete an extended essay
- follow a theory of knowledge course (TOK)
- participate in creativity, action, service (CAS).
- demonstrate they have met each of the eight learning outcomes
- undertake CAS activities for roughly 3.5 hours a week which translates to 150 hours with a balance across the three categories of creativity, action, and service
- carry out regular CAS activities over a minimum of 18 months.