Applications for Backstage Crew Open

by Ashley on December 31, 2017

in Uncategorized

The Backstage Crew in a show helps the cast to manage many things behind the scenes in a production. The roles of the crew vary widely depending on each show. Check out the possibilities below:

• moving sets and props on and off stage
  • technical assistance in lights and sound
  • keeping cast members quiet and getting them to the right place at the right time
  • organizing the costume, makeup and hair area
  • keeping things clean and tidy
  • repairing items behind the scenes.

There’s a lot to do backstage in a show – which is why we need a crew!

Members of the backstage crew must also be responsible, principled, collaborative, problem solvers, who can work independently, but also be a part of a team. They need to be able to work backstage without getting distracted by the very large cast or distracting those around them. Crew members will also need to be available for every rehearsal following Chinese New Year. You can see the rehearsal schedule here.

To apply to be a part of the backstage crew, students are asked to fill out this form. In addition to this application students are asked to submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher (does not need to be current homeroom teacher) about if they fulfill the above attitude and attributes. The letter of recommendation can be sent to our Backstage Crew Managers Ms. Hudswell (stephaniehudswell@cdnis.edu.hk) or Mr. Henry (markhenry@cdnis.edu.hk)

Applications and letters are due by January 19. Backstage crew will be announced February 2.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Abigail Au January 18, 2018 at 10:15 pm

I really want to join the backstage crew because I didn’t get to audition for Seussical. I would love to be the part of it by helping backstage. My passion is to become one of the backstage crew and I am eager to help!

How much props will there be?

Charotte sleigh January 9, 2018 at 7:02 pm

I really want to join the back stage crew because I would love to be part of a musical, and I think being part of the back stage sounds really cool!
I think I would be really good at the transition during the musical.

What days and times will we be needed?