Challenge # 7 – Photo of the Day

by alonicahusac on February 27, 2012

Here is your (long awaited) 8th challenge. From now until the end of the school year there will be extra challenges to work on before participants are nominated and voted for wining spots and prizes! Good luck to all Better Blogging Battlers!

Photo of the Day is simple. Choose a photo from the internet that really captures something and invokes a response from its audience. It can be funny, sad, beautiful, scary, etc. Make sure you choose something interesting. Then write about it. A paragraph describing what the picture is about and another paragraph describing why you chose the photo.

Remember to credit where the photo came from!

Photo Credit: Aloni Cahusac

This is a picture that I took recently with my iPhone app caleed camera+. I really like taking pictures with my iPhone because I can edit them and makes changes to them immediately, then share them with the world right away. This picture was taken from the Lamma Island ferry as I was on my home on Buddha’s Birthday – May 10th  2011. It was a beautiful day and I was very happy to have enjoyed a holiday with my friends.

I love this picture because the dark edges make it impossible to tell where the frame of the image is. I also like the colours created by the sunset and the black silhouette of the barge on the ocean. This photo makes me feel very calm and relaxed, just as I do everyday when I take the ferry to my peaceful island home.

Here are some sites to help you find interesting photos:

National Geographic
The Globe & Mail
Earth Shots
Photo of the Day

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Profile photo of alonicahusac alonicahusac March 21, 2012 at 9:40 am

Nope – it can be any picture you want.

Alpha-Adventurer 20 February 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Hi Ms. Cahusac!
Does the picture have to be a nature related picture?
Thanks!
Alpha-Adventurer 20