Challenge # 2 – FeedBurner

by alonicahusac on November 13, 2011

Thanks to Nicole from 5A for making this cool BBB logo –>

It’s always nice to know when a new challenge comes out (every second Monday) and there’s a cool way to get an email notification telling you about the newest challenge. We’re going to use a very sophisticated RSS feed called Feed Burner. This tool will send you an email every time the BBB site is updated. Cool!

Part A: Sign up for BBB notifications via email.

By signing up for the email notification, you will be listed on Ms. Cahusac’s FeedBurner. As the owner of the BBB, Ms. Cahusac will be able to see who has and who has not successfully signed up for the news feed using FeedBurner. Therefore I will know exactly who has done this second challenge. Make sure you follow all the steps carefully! Begin by putting your email in the space provided by FeedBurner box on the right –> just under the revolver map. Next you will get an email and you must click on the link to ‘activate’ your subscription. That’s it!

Part B: Optional and only for High-Flyers – Create your own FeedBurner for your own blog!

For this step you will need to create a FeedBurner account. For this, you will need a google account. There are a lot of steps! Can you figure it all out? Try your very best and come to see Ms. Cahusac if you get really stuck.

A special note about the BBB – Not everyone has successfully completed Challenge # 1. If you are registered and you believe that you are participating in this competition, you better make sure you are signed up properly and that you’re doing the challenges properly. Otherwise you will not be considered for the final prize packages. It’s not too late to sign up for the BBB and you can catch up by doing the challenges whenever you can. Registration will remain open until Winter Break. So if you’re still just thinking about doing the BBB, you can start whenever you’re ready!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Extreme 07 November 28, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Hi Ms. Cahusac, I just wanted to know after you type in your e-mail and activate your acount it says to end it just delete the e-mail but if you delete it and still want to get e-mail notices then do you still get them.

– Sabrina

Cookie 18 November 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Hi Ms. Cahusac!
Just to tell you that you’ve added Ms. Fung’s link two times on the Teacher Advisor List.

Cheers,
Yan Yan from 6C

The 24th Element in 6E (aka DJ 24) November 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hi Ms. Cahusac! I tried to make a feedburner thing to put on my blog but it won’t give me the link to embed it on my blog! Also, I tried to redo it again…… but it just won’t let me! UGH!
Can you help?

P.S. By the way Ms. Cahusac, I can’t see my name on in the links. Does that mean I have to sign up again?

Extreme 08 November 16, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Ms. Cahusac, on my blog, in the sidebar, the FeedBurner subscription thing that I put on is riddled with these weird RSS icons. How do I get rid of them? They’re starting to get on my nerves!

Profile photo of alonicahusac alonicahusac November 16, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Very good point, Annelien! I’m glad you asked this question. I’ve actually set up a new feed burner account for this new year of BBB. I will delete all the old email subscriptions so that you aren’t getting to updates, but it is important that you put your email into this new form on the right side bar for this current battle (2011-2012).

Ms. Cahusac

DJ06 November 14, 2011 at 7:48 pm

It is just a question about challenge A. What if you have already signed up for the BBB Feed Burner? Do you sign up again because I was thinking that people who already did it got deleted? Please R.A.S.AP.

Annelien